So I made some album art for Hank’s Face. Pretty slapdash, considering I did this instead of Physics at which I need practice but, I hope somebody likes it!
Using this as my album art IMMEDIATELY!
The Project for Awesome is officially over! Thank you so much to those of you who made videos, voted on videos, commented on videos, and pledged your money and/or time to charity. The world is a better place because of you.
The past few days have been so fun, and we want to try to recap all of the greatness that went on. If you have posts of your favorite moments of the P4A, please submit them to us (preferably by linking to posts you’ve already made); we’re going to create a giant Project for Awesome retrospective post that highlights as much of the ridiculousness as we can.
Thanks again to all who helped put the “Awesome” in Project for Awesome—we love you all very much, and GET SOME SLEEP!
The Project For Awesome: A Dangerous Day to Get Paid.
…if you weren’t watching the livestream late into the night, you might not get this.
I’m glad the coining of this phrase was captured. Thanks Juliagraph!
This cute #kitteh is my inspiration for my 2012 #p4a video which you can check out at YouTube.com/KatOfDiamonds
Project for Pet Lovers! - #p4a 2012 (by KatOfDiamonds)
The Project for Awesome is an annual event that sprung out of various YouTube communities to support charities and other ways of decreasing the overall worldwide level of suck. More: http://www.projectforawesome.com/
Denver Post Article:
Facts about Pet Overpopulation in the U.S.:
Find Free or Reduced Spays/Neuters in the US:
Outside the US:
John Green you make being a nerd better each day.
Reading Tree - Project for Awesome 2011 #p4a (by KatOfDiamonds)
UPDATE: Accepting comments/views/likes AND Twitter RTs of this video w/ @KatOfDiamonds until I get home from work tonight!
Here are some Project for Awesome Livestream highlights, for those that may have missed it!
- John Green licks his dog
- Frezned does a snake dance with charming kazoo music provided by Erin
- wheezywaiter serenades his girlfriend with “Bananas”
- wheezywaiter does a handstand
- Kristina Horner rubs peanut butter, her least favorite condiment, all over her face
- Hayley G. Hoover makes out with things
- Tyler Oakley miraculously raises his goal of $42,000 in the last five minutes of his live time and introduces us to his great parents
- Corey Vidal raises $3,000 for youth homelessness and blends gross things
- Hank Green goes slightly insane; talks about shoving meat into orifices and gerbil testicles at three in the morning
- Alex Day’s Forever Yours (and the dozen remixes) breaks into the top 10 of the UK charts
- Alex Day covers Darren Criss; a friend of Darren’s puts Alex and Darren in touch.
- John Green draws all over his own face with sharpies, including writing “I love Hank” on his neck.
- Lauren Maggiacomo shows us her cats; her husband hides among the stuffed animals.
- Alan Lastufka continues valiantly hosting the liveshow when Hank Green oversleeps
- Hank Green posts an embarrassing picture from his childhood, which has been remixed quite a few times.
- Hank Green sings a preview of his song, “Video Game Books,” about The Fault in Our Stars and sings his other songs.
- Hank Green calls his brother and tells him he loves him. Awwwwww!
How much did we make?
- Hank Green sells 100 hanklerfish sheets
- John Green sells 150 slightly-used sharpies
- Over to 1000 copies of John Green’s Zombie Story are sold
- More than $60,000 — and counting! — is raised to be distributed among the most-voted for charities
Who stayed up all night with us? What were your favorite moments?